The WINS Project Child Sponsoring Program
The best way to help a child receive an education is to sponsor a child. If you are interested in sponsoring a child, below you'll find how the program works. You can view the children, both sponsored and unsponsored, by choosing a menu option on the left sidebar.
- Children will be nominated for the program by the applicable WINS Learning Center after an assessment of the need and an evaluation of the child has been completed.
- A donor will sponsor a specific child or children.
- In accordance with The WINS Project policy, all sponsor donations will be used only for education purposes to include:
- School fees
- Transportation to and from school
- Uniforms, books, school supplies
- Supplemental classes
- Use of library, internet, etc.
- However, the sponsor may decide that an additional donation may be used for other purposes. For example:
- Savings Account
- Other Needs
- A tentative financial plan will be prepared for the child.
- The financial plan is a guide but it is up to the sponsor to decide what amount to donate. It is less expensive for elementary school than for junior high and high school but any remaining balance stays in the child’s account to help pay for later schooling. The financial plan will amortize the monthly amount over the entire period of schooling so as not to change the donation amount.
- Of course, this is dependent on the school fee structure. Fees do increase from time to time. The financial plan will be evaluated annually at the end of each school year in May and adjusted as required.
- The sponsor will decide the frequency of their donation. The WINS Project USA recommends semi-annually or annually. This makes it easier on the sponsor and also for accounting purposes. If you donate on a basis other than monthly, you will receive your tax receipt at that time. If you choose to donate monthly, you will receive your tax receipt quarterly.
- The sponsor has the right to stop the sponsorship at anytime without notice. The WINS Project USA will then be responsible for the education of the child until a new sponsor is found. However, it is requested that some notice be given so as to facilitate the search.
- If for any reason, the child does not finish their education, the remaining funds in the child’s account will be used for other purposes. This will be determined by The WINS Project USA in conjunction with the respective WINS Learning Center.
The Financial Structure
- The child will have their own local bank account. As soon as the child can read and write, they will do their own bookkeeping under the supervision of the WINS Learning Center Director. In this way, the child will learn to deal with financial matters.
- The WINS Project USA will transfer the donated funds to the respective WINS Learning Center and the funds will be deposited directly into the child's bank account.
- The entire child sponsoring donation goes into the child’s account. None of the donation goes to The WINS Project USA general fund. All fees and other overhead costs are paid from the general fund.
- The child’s financial ledger will be sent to the sponsor by The WINS Project USA on a semi-annual basis.
The Communication Structure
- The children receive English and computer lessons at the WINS Learning Center.
- The child will get their own e-mail account.
- The child will communicate with the sponsor via e-mail on a frequent basis.